www.justinhoffman.com | email@example.com
Digital Technology Leader
A highly experienced online decision-maker with year-after-year success within leading digital organizations achieving revenue, profit and market growth objectives. Broad experience in application development, project management, SDLC, CMS, and standardizing online best practices.
2U, New York, Oct 2013 - current
2U partners with top tier universities to create the world's best online programs via cloud-based software-as-a-service technology. 2Us dynamic course content, blended experiences and live face-to-face classes offer students around the world the chance to achieve their highest potential. Functional areas of responsibility include Product Development, Salesforce Development and Agile best practices. Managing 7 direct reports. Reporting to organization SVP
- Sr. Director, Product Development
Visual Alchemy / Medical Knowledge Group, New York, Sept 2011 - Oct 2013
- Project Lead on Large Scale Application Development Unified Communication initaitives to retire expensive Marketing applications (Marketo) and transition to modern open source APIs and frameworks.
- Salesforce Development Leading a team of 5 Salesforce Devs to handle CRM data warehouse and application integration for 15 Salesforce Orgs
- Agile Software Development Spearheaded new SDLC workflow changes using JIRA (GreenHopper) as a backbone for business processes and reporting, to unify a mixture of departments into a single workflow.
Visual Alchemy is a NYC based digital Creative Agency, with primary focus on digital marketing strategies for a wide range of Medical & Pharmaceutical clients. Responsible for Application Development, Creative and Digital Strategy, and all digital Technology growth initiatives. Functional areas of responsibility include development, quality assurance, UX / UI, and digital reporting & analytics. Hold P&L accountability. Managing 13 direct reports. Reporting to organization EVP, Chief Creative Officer.
- Vice President, Director of Technology
TheStreet.com, New York, 2009 2011
- Project Lead on all Digital Initiatives Interactive / Rich Media Development, Various Cloud Based (AWS) mobile Speaker Training apps and enterprise level CMS integration using Python/Django MVC Framework.
- Core Technology Upgrades - Led initiatives to integrate 3rd party eContracting systems, Business Intelligence tools, various Medical / Legal databases, and Core Development tool upgrades (SOLR, Jenkins, GIT)
- Agile Software Development Spearheaded new SDLC changes and guided agile best practices throughout the organization, using JIRA (GreenHopper) as a backbone for business processes and reporting, to unify a mixture of departments into a single workflow.
TheStreet is a leading digital financial media company whose network of digital services provides users and subscribers through a range of online, social media, tablet and mobile channels. Led strategic key projects including eCommerce, Financial Market Data, and Open Source CMS integration. Functional areas of responsibility including web application development, project management, web support and client services. Held P&L accountability. Managing 15 direct reports. Reported to CIO & CTO.
- Vice President, Development (2010-2011)
- Director of Project Management (2009 2010)
Nielsen Business Media, New York, 2001 2009
- Project Lead on Company Initiatives eCommerce Development and Data Management using Salesforce SaaS Cloud, Migration to Drupal CMS from Proprietary Legacy System.
- Mobile Application Development Successfully launched apps on various mobile platforms (iOS, Android, Nook, Blackberry, Mobi Site) including the 1st Financial Publication on Apples iOS Newsstand.
- Strategic Vendor Management Aligned with strategic partners to provide technology support and grow organization culture (Phase2 Drupal, Lullabot, Eliassen Agile, IDC, Salesforce)
Nielsen is a global information and media company with recognized brands in marketing and media information, online intelligence, business publications and trade shows. Responsible for day-to-day digital product development for 42 international publications, 135 trade shows and conferences, and 35 Blog and newsletter products. Held P&L accountability. Functional areas of responsibility including project management, design and production, search engine optimization, support and client services, advertising and creative services. As VP, managed 25 direct reports, including offshore development in India. Reported to Senior Vice President.
- Vice President Digital Product Development (2007-2009)
- Director of Technology / Project Planning (2005 2007)
- Sr. Developer (2001 2005)
VNU eMedia / Sun Microsystems, Sr. Application Developer, New York, 2000 - 2001
- Brand Relaunch Project lead for online strategic and creative rebranding for major publications such as Billboard, Adweek and the Hollywood Reporter.
- New Process Implementations - Spearheaded initiatives to outsource site maintenance using JIRA, production and application development.
- Core Technology Upgrades - Led initiatives to integrate new 3rd party Vertical Search technology (Google, Inform, Endeca and nStein ) and Ad Serving platforms (DFP, CheckM8, DoubleClick)
- Search Engine Optimization Developed SEO/SEM best practices in conjunction with Google Analytics in early stages of SEO discovery which led to organic traffic growth 50% - 100% year over year for specific online products.
Hired during online startup for Dutch Publisher VNU, building 12 websites for newly acquired Miller Freeman publications including Billboard.com, Adweek.com, HollywoodReporter.com and Editor&Publisher. Led the technology integration for new magazine acquisitions onto a centralized JSP hosted platform.
HBG Creative Agency, Sr. Developer, New York, 1997 - 2000
- Core Java Development Created applications to be used across VNU eMedia websites including commerce interfaces, dynamic article & chart system (CMS), and newsletters.
Responsible for digital assets and websites for NYC based Agency, generating a range of collateral including interactive presentations, flash multimedia and marketing materials. Created and maintained corporate website and managed client relationships.
Server-Side Coding: Java (J2EE), PHP, Python, JSP, ASP
Open Source Frameworks: Drupal, Django, WordPress, Plone, Joomla
Technology: JIRA, Greenhopper, Confluence, MS Project, Office Suite, Gnatt Project, KPlato, Bugzilla, FishEye, Codendi, Omniplan, Basecamp, SaaS
Development Methodologies: Agile, Iterative model, Scrum, Database modeling, Object modeling
2012 OMNI Award Best Interactive / Medical AMCP PI Live Event Touchscreen App
2008 Web Marketing Association, B2B Standard of Excellence ContractMagazine.com
2007 MIN Best Companion Site THResquire.com
2006 Ozzie Award Best Website Redesign TheHollywoodReporter.com
2000 Time Out Cover Winner London, U.K.
Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY
Salesforce, Administrator Certification, New York, NY
Scrum Alliance 'Scrum Master' Certification, New York, NY
Continuing Education, Agile Evolution
Eliassen Agile/Scrum Training, New York, NY
Continuing Education, Agile and Scrum Methodologies
June 2010 - May 2011
New School University, New York, NY
Continuing Education, API and Web Services Technology
The Learning Tree, New York, NY
Continuing Education, Project Management Methodologies
New School University, New York, NY
Continuing Education, Advanced Flash & ActionScript
Sun Educational Services, New York, NY
Continuing Education, Java Programming
Download .DOC version
Download .PDF version
Download .TXT version